- This event has passed.
Welsh Cyclo-Cross League Round 1 – Cwmcarn Paragon Risca Riot!
For full details on this event and to enter, click HERE
Cyclo-cross is off-road cycle racing on grass and tracks, up and down banks, on a circuit of up to one mile in length. It is usually held in public parks or on sports fields and is technically and physically less demanding than mountain-biking.
Anyone can enter no matter what their age, ability or bike, provided they have a helmet and their bike is in good working order. There is a category for everyone and separate races for younger riders. Podiums/prizes are awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd for each category.
Events are organized by local cycling clubs and take place this year across South Wales on weekends throughout September, October, November and December. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly and the courses are well-planned and safe.
- It is accessible – events are local and any bike can be used
- It is less technical than mountain-biking – it makes an ideal stepping-stone to mountain-bike racing for beginners and children
- It improves fitness, agility and bike-handling skills
- It provides grass-roots racing for all – this can be competitive or used as a way of keeping fit
- It is safe – soft surfaces away from busy roads make cyclo-cross ideal for children
- It is family-friendly – events are very sociable and the emphasis is on enjoyment for all the family